Mental Health Awareness Week, 18-24 May.
In order to help people manage the anxiety provoked by the Corona Virus Crisis, many professionals have kindly published a number of really helpful resources online. Since the theme of the coming Mental Health Awareness Week is Kindness, and to facilitate sharing these amazing resources, I am posting a guide to Anxiety-Busting Resources available for free on the internet. Enjoy it!
Learn about anxiety
1. Learning about a condition is the first step to beat it. The NHS website offers a wealth of information about several mental health conditions. It is worthwhile having a closer look.
2. The NHS also offers very comprehensive self-help guides so that you can read reliable information on your condition or problem.
3. The charity MIND also offers a very comprehensive guide to a wide number of Mental Health conditions. Here's the one for Anxiety.
4. The Reading Well organisation helps you manage your condition by offering you a guide to helpful literature; they also provide you with a link that allows you to connect to your local library to check if they have a specific book.
5. The charity Anxiety UK offers the possibility of becoming a member with a wealth of benefits, as well as access to a variety of low-cost therapies, including counselling, psychotherapy, CBT and hypnotherapy.
Learn to Relax
Learning to relax is very important in order to deactivate the overreaction of the sympathetic nervous system, the part of the autonomic nervous system responsible for the activation of the famous fight, flight or freeze response, which causes the anxiety-related symptoms.
Guided meditations, visualizations, hypnosis and mindfulness are all tools used to calm the stress response. It is important to practice these techniques regularly in order to teach the brain to respond differently by re-wiring those old and stubborn neuro-pathways.
6. The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis offers a selection of hypnotherapy recordings provided by members.
Mindfulness for Releasing Anxiety: https://www.bsch.org.uk/nhs/mindfulnessforreleasinganxiety.mp3
Relax & Sleep Well: https://www.bsch.org.uk/nhs/relaxsleepwell.mp3
Also, if you scroll down the page, you will find a CBH Corona Virus Anxiety Plan that guides you step by step through a process of reflection and psycho-education based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Get Professional Help
8. If you need professional help, you can contact me to arrange for Coaching and Hypnotherapy sessions. I offer a special package for Anxiety.
9. Finally, here's some ideas about how to beat anxiety.
#anxiety #depression #coronavirus #Covid19 #isolation #lockdown #stress #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #psychologicalhelp #counselling #psychotherapy #hypnotherapy #hypnosis #hypnopsychotherapy #CBT #CBH #cognitivebehaviouralhypnosis #cognitivebehaviouraltherapy #coaching #lifecoaching #transformationalcoaching #transformation #transformative #mindfulness